Sunday, August 12, 2012

About Me - August 12, 2012

Yawn, it is late in the evening and my mind is still going 80 miles an hour creating scrapbook layouts.  My personal scrapbooks are behind and unloved.  Since I decided to go to college in 2002, all my photos began to pile high.  I have picked away at them here and there, but not to the extent I used to before college and full-time employment.  I was literally caught up to the roll of film in my camera (pre-digital for the Ferguson family) anxiously awaiting reasons to take pictures just to develop and scrapbook them.

How do I scrapbook... I prefer chronological order.  I do however have a school album, sports album and year-to-year album for each of my boys.  Are they caught up to their ages 18 and 20 you ask, NO.  Do I feel guilty, YES.  Especially since I now have to work on their graduation albums, 2010 and 2012.  Oh yes, there is also my graduation album, two trips to Washington D.C. and the years 2003-2012.  Phew!  That is a lot, no wonder I go in my craft room and sigh!  Then I usually organize my supplies some more, which they really do not need it, I am just avoiding the piles of memories begging to be scrapbooked.

There is hope... I am currently using the Close To My Heart Foundational How-to books for quick layouts.  They are however no longer available, but there is a new inspiration book available.  It is the Make It From Your Heart R Volume I.  This book will give you more ideas for using the various paper packets available through Close To My Heart and easy, fast page layouts (cards too).  The Workshop On The Go program is also another way to quickly create a two page layout and an additional layout along with a bonus card or other project using the inspiration book.

These tools have helped me get through a lot of photos and memorabilia TODAY.  Specifically, my election album.  I am a city councilor and had to go through the whole election process.  On the night of the actual election and results being posted, I threw a party in the hopes of winning.  I did!  So, I am now scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia from the city activities I took part in up to being sworn in as a councilor and my first year and a half of being on the council, so far.  The inspiration book is helping me get it done quickly, efficiently and complimentary of the events using the great paper packets.

Join me in setting personal goals for yourself of how many pages a week you will make yourself sit down and work on, begin picking away at a pile of photos and memorabilia.  Let's take this journey together.  Feel free to post here just to keep yourself accountable.  I will be happy to share with you how I am doing.  I hope my sharing my current scrapbook state has made you feel like you too can tackle the work ahead.

Keep an eye out... I will be sharing from my Washington D.C. page layouts soon.

Enjoy your week!

Kim :-)

Enjoy life, scrapbook your memories!
kimstamps@juno.com
http://www.kimferguson.ctmh.com
http://www.kimfergusonstamps.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/kim.ferguson.927

No comments:

Post a Comment