Saturday, November 17, 2012

About Me - November 17, 2012

I have not had any wise words to share, nor anything really fun and fantastic, only the mundane ins and outs of life for a couple of months.  It is a struggle each day to make myself lift one leg out of bed at a time as the alarm sings in my ear that a new day has begun.  Knowing I will be spending the day with my students is a great motivator in a world of frustration within my personal life.

As most of you are aware, we are dealing with my dad having Acute Myeloid Leukemia (diagnosed in February 2012).  It has been a complete emotional roller coaster.  One month he is receiving shining reviews from his oncologist and the next we are being asked how strong he feels and is he still willing to put up a fight.

I find myself being selfish as we approach the season of celebrating.  There is a real possibility we may face losing him before the season is over.  How then do you face the holidays in the coming years?  I have asked my mom to consider them as celebrations as we have always known the holidays to be.  We need to be able to also look at the fact that we were originally given 3-5 months for dad to be with us and he is still here today.  That is what our focus will need to be... celebration that we have him this much farther than expected.

Our family goal date is December 14th, my dad's 70th birthday.  That is the date I know he is fighting towards.  It will be a huge celebration.  Please join us in prayers, we ask that he have no suffering, peace about what the future holds and for a truly wonderful 70th birthday and holiday season.

You are my wonderful blog family and friends, I have so appreciated your words of encouragement and stories of your own losses and sufferings.  Thank you all.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment