Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 5, 2013 - About Me

Happy 2013 to you all!  May this year begin with time at your craft table relaxing and creating.  I have been able to take some time the past two days to reorganize my craft room.  It was all about access.

Access... I had more albums out in the open than supplies.  I have now switched the albums into the cabinet and moved the paper, ribbons, embossing supplies, etc. out into the room for ease of access.

I also had fun on two occasions spending my beloved gift cards at the after Christmas sales.  Of course, my most favorite purchases are the many stickers and papers available to accent most any theme you can imagine to take a photo of on any given day.

Now, it is time to begin working on the photos piled high in photo boxes surrounding my craft table.  After relocating in 2005, I have not been able to get my scrapbooking groove to move at a fast pace.  I have defaulted to making more cards than scrapbook pages as they are quick and easy.  I was also getting quite addicted to the blog challenges for cards.  Do not worry, I plan to still enter the challenges.  I am hoping to enter more scrapbook ones as well.

I end today's entry by stating that I am missing my dad greatly.  However, he would want me to keep doing what I love and that is papercrafting.  This year I would like to challenge myself to get caught up on my scrapbooks (I know, this has been my challenge since 2005).  Life should begin to become our typical "normal" as dad is not here for us to dedicate so much of our time to visiting and traveling to see him.

If I learned anything in the past year, it is to spend time with your loved ones.  I can honestly say I have lost my dad, but there are no unspoken words needing said, no regrets to ask for or give forgiveness over, he passed as truly my beloved father and friend.  Every Wednesday evening and Sunday are treasures I will hold dear to me in my heart, and on each scrapbook page created to remember the times spent together this last year knowing he was with us for a short time.  Live each day as if it is your last for not only yourself, but those you have in your life.

Happy Papercrafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment