Monday, February 18, 2013

About Me - February 18, 2013

I am a morning person most of the time.  Workdays at 5:30 in the morning, not so much.  On my days off I truly love going downstairs making a cup of coffee and then heading upstairs to my craft room.  It is a happy place amidst all of the stickers, embellishments and papers.  Family memories float around the room as well.

My apologies for such sporadic postings in the past couple of months.  I have been in a quite a slump over losing dad.  I will be much happier when I can not calculate the time from specific points in the last year of his life.  February 21st will be the one year mark of his being diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia.  He was given 5-8 months at that time and made it 10 months and 3 hours :-)

A first sign I am beginning to come out of my slump... I scrubbed the shower last Sunday.  If you knew how unmotivated I have been outside of my job, you would know how huge that was.  This three day weekend has been spent painting and preparing a rental house to go back on the rental market.  It was a nice distraction from the personal house mundane chores.

Now, let's celebrate President's Day with some crafting!  Take some time to share when you are in your "zone" to complete scrapbook layouts or to stamp up a few cards for the special people in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment