Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ease of Scrapbooking... Just DO It!

If you know me well enough, then you know it is not about me being a scrapbooking/rubber stamping consultant for Close To My Heart, or now being a Kid's Kamp teacher for JoAnn's to earn an income.  It is about me sharing with you my passion for the importance of preserving your memories for all generations to enjoy.
 
I began teaching scrapbooking/rubber stamping about 20+ years ago for the very reason of getting peoples photos out of unsafe albums, photo envelopes, canisters and cameras.  Now, I see the need to encourage people to not only save their digital images on computers, online storage websites, flash drives and the like... but to also print them for people to touch and to see displayed.  I worry someday there will be an epic digital failure and all those "safely" stored memories will be wiped out.
 
To a lot of you scrapbooking every image is overwhelming.  I understand that, but how about a general overview of life as a starting point?  Here are a couple options:
 
Close To My Heart Studio J
 
Create your pages online and PRINT them to place into a scrapbook album for hands-on enjoyment.  Here is a how-to video for beginning your journey to sharing your memories.
 
 
Becky Higgins, Project Life
 
This is a fast way to scrapbook pre-printed images and to be creative on your own without a computer.  This system has also taken the stress out of layout decision making.  Keep in mind, this is a simple way to get started, but it does limit your possibilities.
 

Close To My Heart, My Legacy Albums

This is my scrapbooking system of choice... a blank 12x12 piece of cardstock, coordinating background and texture paper, embellishments, rubber stamps and the Cricut paper cutting system.  I have no limits other than my own.  Photos can be placed in any direction and embellishments can be placed anywhere on the page.  I love to touch and feel my scrapbooking "stuff".

 
Whatever your scrapbooking choice keep in mind it is the importance of preserving and sharing your memories that matters.  We owe it to our future generations to leave a legacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment