Friday, July 19, 2013

About Me - Vacation Scrapbooking 2013

Hi fellow paper crafters,

I have returned home from a week's stay at the Oregon coast.  An annual trip I make with my mom.  We have taken this trip every year since my two boys were very young.  Our numbers have dwindled.  We lost dad in December, so he was not with us.  The boys are 19 and 21 with school and jobs, they are not able to be with us for the week.  My oldest son did make it for three nights.  The youngest had to stay home for summer college classes.

It was a time of healing.  It was hardest on my mom.  This trip we did stay at a different Thousand Trails campground which made it a little less hard on her.  It is still hard with all the firsts we do since we lost dad.  Mom and I had a lot of time to talk together and work through some decisions she needs to make.

I can remember being young and loving that I was the only child and received all the gifts and attention.  Now it is a time in my life that I truly wish there were more children to help with being there for mom.  We are only about 40 minutes apart, but still that makes it hard for the last minute, "let's do this" type of things.

As always, we took our scrapbooking supplies, Kindles, books, DVD's and munchies.  We touched each and everything we brought this time!  If I did not use something I brought, then she did.  It was fun.  We both came home feeling like we had accomplished MUCH.

I am happy to say as a CTMH consultant that I love our products and had a lot of fun using my new products and Cricut cartridge.  If only there were all the time in the world once we return home to our daily lives.  :-)

Summer vacation is half over for me and I need to begin preparing for the CTMH open houses and for the new school year.  Busy, busy.  I am also committed to teaching at JoAnn Fabric and Crafts through August 23.

Here is a photo I just had to share from my packing for the trip.  My personal effects consisted of one duffle bag and a pillow.  This is all the scrapbooking supplies I took, minus a few things already in there place.  Completed page layout photos to come soon.  I don't want to give everything away that I am planning for the show n' tells for open house.


I did take time to post the most recent YouTube videos from Close To My Heart.  Check them out on older posts.

Happy vacation to you all.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment