Tuesday, October 1, 2013

WOYWW #226 - Teaching Calligraphy

It has been years since I have had out my calligraphy tools. The wonderful fellow artists on Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground weekly posts for WOYWW (What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday) has given me confidence in myself and my ability to dive right in.  Check out all of the desks from around the world and the great artwork being created on them.


Here you can see my samples from when I was explaining to my sophomore art class how to be sure your tip is at the correct angle to get the thin and thick lines of letters. Carson is a student, his name is great for showing a variety of letters. It feels good to be back at it, calligraphy, that is.

Do you have any tips on how to teach the technique of calligraphy? We, as a class, could use some.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment