Saturday, April 19, 2014

Electronic Cutting Machines - Cut File Pattern Organization

My craft room organization over the past 24 hours has been focused on my cut files for my Silhouette Cameo. Being a visual person, I wanted to be able to see what I have on hand for categories (eg. Christmas, Easter, Kids, etc.). Also, when I cut out my files, I like to have something to see for reference of where pieces go. My decision to print off the pdf/color images was not arrived at lightly due to costs involved for copy paper and ink cartridges. In the end I did decide to print, categorize and place patterns in a binder for quick reference. Now the challenge is to keep up with files I download so as to not make this another 24 hour project. Keep in mind, each image can be cut out and used at a later time. This realization helped me make my final decision to go ahead with this project.

Here is the finished project as of today. I will be removing the post it notes as I do have dividers inserted within the 3-ring binder. The post it notes served to separate the patterns in to a manila folder before I was ready to 3-hole punch and place in the binder.

How do you keep track of your cut file patterns? I would love to hear... Leave a comment below.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment