Saturday, October 18, 2014

Birthday Box Card - Football Theme

Hey sports fans! After receiving a box card from my mom for my birthday and being encouraged by a friend, I have tried it on my own. I have used the Artbooking Cricut cartridge to cut the footballs and score sign, as well as the shapes. I then stamped the shapes to give them some texture and placed white behind the footballs so they would pop. The football paper is from my stash, Paper Pizazz.



Here are the steps (inspired by Dina Kowal, Splitcoast Stampers)

8 1/2" x 12"


Score at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", 8 1/4", 11"


Cut off a 2" x 12" strip, save for later


Turn the 6 1/2" x 12" piece once to the left and score at 2 3/4 "


Cut up 2 3/4" to the last score line at all four perpendicular lines


Cut a tab at the 11" score line from the edge of the cardstock and remove


Cut the 2" x 12" strip at 4 3/4" from the end with the 1" score line


Cut in half lengthwise to create two strips, 1" x 4 3/4"


Fold the tabs back as scored line


Top view of the tabs folded


Decorating the box card -
Cut patterned Paper:
1 inside back panel - 2 1/2" x 6 1/4"
3 lower panels (outside only) - 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
6 upper panels (sides and front, inside and outside) - 2 1/2" square


Cardstock:
1 solid (outside back panel) 2 1/2"x 6 1/4" note I used mine on the inside instead to stamp a sentiment


Adhere each piece centered on base panels (outside of box, my white is on the other side)


 Do the same on the other side (inside of box)


Fold at 5 1/5" and fold in tab, glue and adhere


Tab with glue, ready to be attached to opposite side


Sides glued to create the "box"


Glue the folded tabs on the 1" x 4 3/4" pieces


Attach inside, aligned with top edge and place with tabs to the back and butted up to one another


Now to be creative with embellishments, I used Artbooking Cricut cartridge to cut out footballs, score titles, circles and pennants.


I stamped the circles and pennant for texture, layered the footballs on white cardstock and glued toothpicks to their backs for mounting into the box.


Here is the completed box card.



How the card looks folded up for being placed in an envelope



Hope you enjoyed today's box card. Give it a try and post your creation down below for all to enjoy. Please visit my Close To My Heart Independent Consultant website to shop/browse the products, tips and techniques at www.kimferguson.ctmh.com

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment