Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What You Need To Know... August 26, 2015

My name is Kim Ferguson and I am a batcher.  Anyone else?! In order to answer my question, allow me to clarify to what I am referring... I tend to batch tasks. Two weeks ago it was "marrying" products from Close To My Heart with Julie Nutting doll stamps everyday for about 10 days. The past couple of weeks have been all about organizing and sorting my photos and memorabilia from 11 years of family events and activities. Yes, 11 years. Do as I say, not as I do :-) so my parents used to say to me when their practices did not quite match up to what they preached. Thus, no photos or posts to share as they would have been quite boring. However, I am going to share my process with you now as I am done with the sorting, now on to actual scrapbooking.

I had all of my photos in photo boxes I purchased from the big box stores, plus my memorabilia was in 12x12 cases purchased from there as well. I have yet again taken on the task to "marry" my photos and memorabilia together. Guess what works great for this... Close To My Heart shipping boxes, you could say they are a free commodity, but I do confess I had to purchase  products in order to obtain the boxes.

My other task is work related as I am a middle/high school teacher by trade outside of the home (my paper crafting business is not "work" to me). School will be starting up real soon, but I have got to get back to planning and preparing now. Thus, work has been brought home and needs attention too.

Here are some photos of my process, they may be boring, but they could also be a bit helpful: (upcoming workshop/clubs listed below)

This is after the sorting, it does make sense to me :-)


Close To My Heart shipping boxes, double duty in my house :-)


Big Box Store storage solutions I have moved out of for now :-)


Work begins, summer will be missed :-)


Upcoming Workshops/Clubs
September 4 - Cassie's Gathering (hostess) Come join in on the fun of seeing the new Annual Inspirations Idea Book, create a card, and shop while snacking and enjoying time with fellow paper crafters. The gathering is scheduled for Friday, September 4th. However, you have from now until Tuesday, September 8th to shop online at www.kimferguson.ctmh.com to help Cassie reach her hostess reward goals (be sure to "join" her gathering). The new idea book becomes available September 1. You are able to purchase the brand new Cricut cartridge, Artistry, and the Zoe paper packet and accessories NOW! Yay!
September 17th - Card workshop, 6:00-9:00 pm (Zoe & Nevermore) 5 cards/$10 (supplies included) *please register by September 9th
September 24th - Club (Zoe Scrapbooking WOTG G1096 - $29.95+$4.95 shipping) *order at least two weeks prior to club night to receive on timewww.kimferguson.ctmh.com
Enjoy!
Kim Ferguson
Close To My Heart Independent Supervisor
Your source for scrapbook and paper craft tips, techniques and products
Enjoy life, scrapbook your memories!
Shop my websitewww.kimferguson.ctmh.com
Follow me on Pinteresthttp://pinterest.com/kimfergusonstam
Follow me on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/KimFergusonStam

No comments:

Post a Comment