Saturday, July 23, 2016

12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout - Las Vegas Trip re-post (July 2016)

Hi Paper Crafters,

On June 30th I posted a message about my absence from social media. Included within that post were photos of my completed layouts of my son's 21st birthday Las Vegas trip. I wanted to be sure to share them again under their own post for ease of future topic searches.

These pages were a stretch outside of the box in some regards for me. I have been watching many YouTube scrapbookers who use a lot of layering, the use of titles on every layout, and most times one photo. Although I tried my best to mimic some of the new techniques, I still am not able to just use one photo on a page unless a larger print. I may evolve along with the style, time will tell. I really like the way everyone uses a title on every page they create, that is the biggest change, and one I want to continue using on my layouts.

I had created a video covering the concepts/ideas behind each of the pages for my YouTube channel, however there was too much personal information shared by way of car license plate and trip receipts within the photos (layouts are not shown in below photos). Please be aware of what is shown in your photos before you post them on social media for the world to see.

The supplies used on these layouts were collected over a couple of years, so you may still be able to find most of them at Michael's or JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts. I printed off the "21 Blackjack" title from Google images (not my own artwork). A smaller sized set of playing cards was consumed by my craft room for embellishment purposes during the making of these layouts, LOL. I have seen others use vellum over their busier patterned paper to allow for embellishments and titles not being lost in the mix. The Journaling still needs to be placed on all pages.

These were a lot of fun to create.

Please visit me on any of my social media sites listed below... Like, Comment, Subscribe as I would be glad to hear from you, as well as have you join my paper crafting community.




Enjoy!


Kim Ferguson
Close To My Heart Independent Supervisor
Your source for scrapbook and paper craft tips, techniques and products
Enjoy life, scrapbook your memories!
Shop my websitewww.kimferguson.ctmh.com
Follow me on Pinteresthttp://pinterest.com/kimfergusonstam
Follow me on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/KimFergusonStam

No comments:

Post a Comment