Thursday, July 21, 2016

Scrapbook Stash - Stash Organization (July 2016)

Hi Paper Crafters,

Anyone watch Let's Make A Deal? I did off and on growing up, and sometimes when I am home sick and nothing else looks good on TV.  While out shopping today I found some great storage/organization deals for my paper crafting stash to share with you.

Let me back up to about Monday when I placed an order online with Wal-Mart for a couple of shelving units to store my scrapbooks (photo courtesy of Wal-Mart website). We have been in our house for nearly 10 years, in that time our scrapbooks have been stored on the first floor of our home. Above the closet which houses our scrapbooks is the laundry room. Is anyone envisioning along with me the potential catastrophe that could happen?! Breathe, nothing has happened!


Details: Better Homes and Gardens 8-Cube Organizer, Multiple Colors:
  • Dimensions: 15.35"W x 30.91"D x 57.8"H
  • Inner cube dimensions: 13.15" W x 13.35" D x 13.03"

I have no worries about filling these two shelving units since I have 50+ albums already. Just in case I need some storage areas within the units for my archives of extra photos and memorabilia, I bought FabricDrawers from Shopko to go in the units. They are regularly $11.99, they are on sale for $4.99. The dimensions are 12x12x12.


When it comes to my stash, such as paper and embellishments I am always on the lookout for storage containers that will suit my needs. Costco carries bins which house my 12x12 paper wonderfully, I do have to cut off the branding strips for a perfect fit. These containers are currently available for $19.99 (set of 5).


About a year ago I posted an entry about my craft table set up and storage (http://kimfergusonstamps.blogspot.com/2015/07/scrapbookingpaper-crafting-work-space.html). I have used the metal locker shelves to hold my Cricut and Silhouette machines, below are all of my tools. I have used multiple containers to house all of my ink pads, cutting tools and adhesives. There are several storage solutions available on the market, Shopko has their selection for 20% off right now. Here is one of the types they have that fits under my locker shelf system.


Each of us has our own way of feeling organized, what's important is a space you can be creative within. I have worked for years on my craft room and still take the time to reorganize, consolidate and change out storage systems. As with how we have changed our style of cropping our photos over time, storage solutions have evolved in just the same way. The first step is to commit to making the change and purchasing a solution at a time. Then breathe a sigh of relief that your supplies and scrapbooks are safely stored for years of enjoyment. I hope to have shared a few deals for you to make today.

Please visit me on any of my social media sites listed below... Like, Comment, Subscribe as I would be glad to hear from you, as well as have you join my paper crafting community.

Enjoy!

Kim Ferguson
Close To My Heart Independent Supervisor
Your source for scrapbook and paper craft tips, techniques and products
Enjoy life, scrapbook your memories!
Shop my websitewww.kimferguson.ctmh.com
Follow me on Pinteresthttp://pinterest.com/kimfergusonstam
Follow me on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/KimFergusonStam

No comments:

Post a Comment