Saturday, August 20, 2016

12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout - Valentine's Day Memorabilia (August 2016)

Hi Paper Crafters,

Wow, I sure did feel the effects of my labor yesterday. After working so hard to truly take the time to organize my paper crafting supplies, I am getting serious about my scrapbooking. There is such ease in pulling themed papers, stickers, and embellishments. I am not wasting a lot of time trying to find what I am thinking I want to use. Plus, after handling most of my supplies, I have a visual record in my head of what I can remember seeing. I cannot encourage you enough to take some time and organize your supplies by theme, color, etc. I was not being productive with my stash being in a mishmash state.

The other avenue I have taken to keep motivated is jumping around between albums. This week I have been working through my 2016 album. These are fresh moments that I can remember more about what my feelings were at the time. If there is one thing I am good at, it is forgetting things. It is recommended that you keep current with your scrapbooking, then go back to older photos and memorabilia.

One of the layouts I completed yesterday is from Valentine's Day. I did not have people photos, but I have photos of gifts and the cards I received. The paper used is from Close To My Heart's Heartstrings (retired). You can see I used one of the kraft envelopes from my Tuesday Morning haul. There is a pamphlet about the Sarri's chocolate covered pretzels my husband had sent to me at school inside.

If I would have glued down each item individually this would have been a two page layout. By adding the strip at the bottom to hold the cards in place, I made this all work on the one page. The strip is both glued and stapled to help the cards stay in place.


Please visit me on any of my social media sites listed below... Like, Comment, Subscribe as I would be glad to hear from you, as well as have you join my paper crafting community.

Enjoy!

Kim Ferguson
Close To My Heart Independent Supervisor
Your source for scrapbook and paper craft tips, techniques and products
Enjoy life, scrapbook your memories!
Follow me on Pinteresthttp://pinterest.com/kimfergusonstam
Follow me on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/KimFergusonStam

No comments:

Post a Comment