Friday, November 4, 2016

Flour Babies - 2016 Family Portrait

Here are the 2016 Career 9 Flour Babies...


I did not have the opportunity to take a photo of just the flour babies yet, but I also do not have the permission of each student's parent to share their faces on my blog. I was just too anxious to share them with you faithful followers.

This weekend is their long check-in nights. I will hear from each "parent" every two hours beginning at 10:00 pm until 6:00 am. This will repeat again on Saturday night. Along with the nightly check-ins, the students are keeping a journal of the experience. I ask that they not only tell me their day-to-day tasks, but what emotions are they feeling, how are people treating them when they are out in the public and what it is like to carry a 5 pound bag of flour all day along with books.

Every year I have taught this project I am amazed at just how cute these flour babies are, I see the students make them their own and enjoy them as best they can.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment